I was nominated for a Leibster Award by a beautiful mum with some amazing things to say at http://momof3isnuts.wordpress.com/
I was really honoured. The rules for this are:
-Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
-Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
-Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
So here are the questions I was asked and my answers:
1. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? Oooh. Good question. I actually had to ask my little family for help with what super powers were available for this one and I decided on the ability to fly. I figure that I spend enough sleeping hours flying in my dreams so it would be fantastic to do it for real. I envy the birds who can soar above the trees and catch updrafts. I’m scared of heights so I’d never get on one of those glider things however if I had the ability to fly under my own steam then flying high wouldn’t bother me at all.
2. Which three people, living or not, would you invite to dinner? Why? Oooh, another tough one. After much thought, I would have to say Mother Teresa, The Dalai Lama and Mahatma Ghandi. I’d be totally lost for words but that would be quite fine because in that amazing company, I wouldn’t have to talk. I could just listen and absorb their wisdom.
3. Climbing? Or Zip Lining? hmmmm. Before my knees fully decided to go south on me, I would have said climbing. I’ve reached the top of many a mountain in the past. However, at this point in my life I would have to decline the offer of both.
4. If money were no object, what would you do all day? I’d travel. If money were no object, I wouldn’t have to work. It would mean that I could get into my car (with my man of course) and just drive. To wherever. I’d probably spend my days exploring this beautiful country.
5. What has been your biggest challenge? Now, we’re getting to the hard questions. I would have to say that my biggest challenge has been the past 10 years. Ten years ago, we lost a baby at 16 weeks gestation. Since then my body decided to reject a further 4 more pregnancies, my man has suffered two breakdowns, we’ve lost too many people (and a dog) that we loved, we’ve raised teenagers (from my previous marriage) and a little girl, there have been disappointments and stresses at work, emergency surgeries, my own battles with depression and grief etc etc. Don’t get me wrong that past 10 years hasn’t been all bad. We have received some awesome blessings (including grandchildren) but finally we are at a point in our lives where the light at the end of the tunnel is appearing.
6. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? There are probably a lot of years over the past 50 years or so that I’d like to go back to and do things differently however I wouldn’t be the person I am now if I did that. I’ve always thought that I was born into the wrong era though and would really love to have been young in the fifties.
7. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would that be? That’s a tough one being that I’m only 21 now (ha ha). I’ve always said that I’d love to be a teenager again and know what I know now but if I had to pick an age that I’d like to stay at, it would be the age I’m at now. I’m still young enough to do so much with my life and old enough to know my limitations.
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? To love every person without prejudice.
9. When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time? Right now? Trying to beat that infernal game “Candy Crush Saga”. I’ve been stuck on the same level now since June and all my friends have caught me and moved on and here’s me still plugging away at it!
10. What do you find beautiful? Life… the world… watching the birds… animals… flowers… nature…. and photographing the beauty I see.
Now according to the rules I have to link to 10 other blogs. I follow an awful lot of blogs. Some I read and some I like posts on and then there are the ones that I comment on as well. But every blog that I follow has great reading:
1. Mudtherapy – http://mudtherapist.wordpress.com/
2. Me – Who am I? http://mewhoami.wordpress.com/
3. FiftyFine – http://fiftyfine.wordpress.com/
4. Moving Consciously – http://myjoyfuldance.com/
5. Just an Average South African – http://averagesouthafrican.wordpress.com/
6. Cakeandenemy – http://cakeandenemy.wordpress.com/
7. Extraordinarily Lovely Life – http://roseg1394.wordpress.com/
8. Thoroughly Nourished Life – http://thoroughlynourishedlife.com/
9. Evolve – http://evolveism.com/10. From the Fog – http://fromthefog.me/
And now for my 10 questions:
1. Tea, coffee or?
2. If you had the power to change the world, what would you change? Why?
3. What is the one thing that you do each day without fail?
4. Finish this sentence ” There is beauty all around when …… ”
5. What is your favourite way to unwind?
6. Tell us about your favourite time of time and why it is your favourite time.
7. What movie did you love to watch as a child?
8. If you were going to live on a deserted island, what three things could you not live without?
9. Share your favourite quote.
10. If clothes ‘maketh the man’, what does what you are wearing right now say about you?