In the past two weeks, I have been the recipient of three awards. Wow! I’m gobsmacked that you all enjoy my words so much. I want to display these awards in my sidebar but haven’t worked out how to do it yet. If someone can give me an ‘idiot’s guide’ I would be indebted. I can’t give you my first born (mainly because she’s taller than me now) but I can give you my gratitude.
Firstly, I was nominated for the Leibster Award once more. This time is was by Asperger Nights http://aspienights.wordpress.com/about I enjoy reading this blog and the insights I am given. I love the quote that is used in his ‘About’ description
“Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.” –Oscar Wilde.
The rules of the Leibster Award are:
To the nominees: please put the award logo on your blog, and nominate five to ten blogs that you think deserve to be appreciated! If you like, you can also answer the questions.
I am going to answer (and ask) the same questions as Aspienights.
1. Who inspires your writing?
Everybody inspires my writing. The people I love, the books I read, those around me. There is always something that I see or hear that makes me go ‘aha’.
2. What are you reading now?
“Bones of the Lost” by Kathy Reichs. I generally read a lot of non-fiction and have magazines, books and ebooks everywhere. (Well the ebooks are on my iPad but you know what I mean). I’ve been taking a bit of a break from the non-fiction but I am still reading them.
3. What is your favourite pastime?
Doing nothing. I also love to sew and have begun doing some quilting. I recently upgraded my sewing machine and have like a zillion stitches and quilting tools now so there is no excuse not to sew.
4. What is your favourite line from a movie?
“Do you stop believing in the moon just because the sun comes up?’ Jack Frost from “Rise of the Guardians”
5. If you could be anybody else for one day, who would it be?
I really can’t answer that because no matter what a person is like on the outside, they still have issues that worry them.
6. What kind of music do you like to listen to when you write?
It depends on my mood. I love relaxation music but I also enjoy my eclectic playlist featuring Elvis Presley, Split Enz, Susan Boyle, Boyz II Men, Neil Diamond, Marty Robbins, Air Supply, Cat Stevens, Bob Dylan, Jon English, The Corrs, Lionel Richie, Il Divo, Smokie, Christine Perri, Birdy, Adele, Oasis, Queen…. and the list just keeps going.
I also love the sound of the water feature outside my computer room window.
7. Where is your favourite place to travel?
Anywhere in Australia. I’ve never been overseas. I love road trips around this beautiful land
8. What is your favourite season and why?
Winter. I love the wind on my cheeks and rugging up to get warm, hearty meals in the evening and spending time indoors.
9. What do you regret never having done?
I think life if full of regrets but you live and learn from them and then move forward.
10. Name your favourite song title
Too hard. My latest earworm is ‘Wrecking Ball’ by Miley Cyrus. It’s a joke around our family that when something happens, one of us will start singing “I came in like a wrecking ball”. 🙂
The hard part is nominating five blogs to receive the award because everyone on my blogroll has something wonderful to offer. However, here they are:
And for the next two awards…. I give my heartfelt thanks to Don Charisma http://doncharisma.org/
who has nominated me for not one… but two awards! I am truly blessed. I love Don’s blog. He shares photos and wisdom and truly is a delightful read.
The Sunshine Award
Section 1: Directions for you to accept the Sunshine Award
To accept this award, the awardee must do the following:
- Display the Award on your Blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
- Present 10 deserving Bloggers with the Award – “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded with a comment.
- Write 10 interesting things about you
Hmmmm interesting things about me….
1. I have an over-cluttered craft/computer room full of materials to complete so many crafts that if I started now, I would still have enough to keep me going when I retired.
2. I have over 40 books piled beside my bed waiting to be read.
3. I love giraffes.
4. I enjoy sewing.
5. Not many people get my sense of humour.
6. I love Rocky Road
7. My mother used to slap my hand every Christmas when I pinched the cold ham off the bone she was cutting for Christmas dinner. Today, I have the same trouble with my children.
8. I used to tease my grandmother. (She loved it and told me that if I didn’t she would think something was wrong).
9. I love the smell of diesel.
10. I also love the smell of coffee but can’t stand to drink it.
Awardees for the Sunshine Award (I am only doing five) are:
The Inner Peace Award
Directions for you to accept the “Inner Peace” Award
The only “rule” for the inner peace award is that you write a short piece on why you are accepting it. I would suggest that you forward on to other bloggers who you think would like it, 3-10 up to you:)
My Acceptance Speech
I would like to accept this award because it was given to me by a wonderful blogger.
Over the past few years, I have learned that if I don’t have peace inside myself, there will not be peace on the outside. I look for inspiration and peace in my every day surroundings and like to share my peace and inspiration with others. If I can help another person through my writing, then I am blessed.
I spend time each day, quieting the thoughts inside my mind in order to spend my days peacefully. Each day is a struggle but I get one step closer each time. Peace to you all 🙂
Awardees for the Inner Peace Award are:
May you all have a blessed and joyful weekend!