I am still catching up with awards from December. Please forgive me.
I have once again been awarded the Sunshine Award. This time by Nia at Nia Simone, Author. I love Nia’s blog but I am a bit behind on my commenting. As I was scrolling through her blog looking for the details of this award, I was once again assailed by her wonderful photography and editing. Nia was recently out in Australia and took some wonderful photos. Many of the photos that she has taken, she has transformed with an artists software that has transformed her photos into wonderful artworks that would look amazing printed on canvases. Nia is a bright and upbeat lady who I am so pleased to be able to communicate with in this blog world.
The rules of this award are:
- Display the Award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who awarded you.
- Present around 10 deserving bloggers with the Award – “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded with a comment.
- Write 10 interesting things about you
And my recipients are:
- Bulging Buttons
- Carried Away by Nutrition
- Die Trying
- From the Desk of MarDrag
- Hope* the Happy Hugger
Now for the ten interesting things about me…. hmmmm
- I don’t do summer really well and enjoy winter so much more
- I collect books of quotes
- I am terrible at remembering names and often mix up the names of my children
- I love antique china
- The pile of books beside my bed waiting to be read appears to be increasing rather than decreasing
- I have been around a good portion of Australia on the back of a bike
- We once had a dog called Sunshine
- I am a Tuesday child
- I own only a few pairs of shoes
“Awarding the people who live in the moment,
The noble who write and capture the best in life,
The bold who reminded us what really mattered…
Savoring the experience of quality time.”
This one is a new award for me. It is the Best Moment Award. I was awarded this by Anne at Tales Along the Way. Anne is a teacher who has travelled to India and writes about her experiences in that country (amongst other topics). I have learned so much through reading Anne’s blog and looking at her photos. She has a wonderful affinity with the people of India and their customs and shares this through her writing.
- Winners re-post this completely with their acceptance speech. This could be written or video recorded.
- Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awardees! The re-post should include a NEW set of people/blogs worthy of the award; and winners notify them of the great news.
- What makes a good acceptance speech?
- Gratitude – Thank the people who helped you along the way
- Humor – Keep us entertained and smiling
- Inspiration – Make your story touch our lives
- Get an idea from the great acceptance speeches, compiled in MomentMatters.com/Speech
- Display the award’s badge on your blog/website, downloadable in MomentMatters.com/Award
You know I truly am humbled and grateful by the awards I receive from those of you who follow my blog and this award is no exception. I would not have the impetus to write each day if it were not for those of you who read and comment. I have had the honour of sharing laughs, tears and anxious moments with you all. I have cheered with you and I have enjoyed the beauty you capture in your photographs and post also. Wayne Dyer has taught me “I am that I am”. And as I journey through life and overcome obstacles, I write as a way of learning as I go. If I can make others laugh or encourage them in some way then I am happy. I believe my purpose in life is to be a helper but first I must learn to help myself. My blog is the outward signs of me doing this. Thank you all 🙂
And I would like to pass this award on to :
- Vic Briggs
- The Empathy Queen
- Where I Stand
- Must be this Tall to Ride
- Stuff My Brain Thinks
- The Visual Chronicle
- Putting in a Good Word
- A View from Under the Prep-Room Table
- Hunt for Truth on WordPress
Thank you all so much for the awards and congratulations to those I have awarded in this round 🙂