I am still catching up with awards from December. Please forgive me.
I have once again been awarded the Sunshine Award. This time by Nia at Nia Simone, Author. I love Nia’s blog but I am a bit behind on my commenting. As I was scrolling through her blog looking for the details of this award, I was once again assailed by her wonderful photography and editing. Nia was recently out in Australia and took some wonderful photos. Many of the photos that she has taken, she has transformed with an artists software that has transformed her photos into wonderful artworks that would look amazing printed on canvases. Nia is a bright and upbeat lady who I am so pleased to be able to communicate with in this blog world.
The rules of this award are:
- Display the Award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who awarded you.
- Present around 10 deserving bloggers with the Award – “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded with a comment.
- Write 10 interesting things about you
And my recipients are:
- Bulging Buttons
- Carried Away by Nutrition
- Die Trying
- From the Desk of MarDrag
- Hope* the Happy Hugger
Now for the ten interesting things about me…. hmmmm
- I don’t do summer really well and enjoy winter so much more
- I collect books of quotes
- I am terrible at remembering names and often mix up the names of my children
- I love antique china
- The pile of books beside my bed waiting to be read appears to be increasing rather than decreasing
- I have been around a good portion of Australia on the back of a bike
- We once had a dog called Sunshine
- I am a Tuesday child
- I own only a few pairs of shoes
“Awarding the people who live in the moment,
The noble who write and capture the best in life,
The bold who reminded us what really mattered…
Savoring the experience of quality time.”
This one is a new award for me. It is the Best Moment Award. I was awarded this by Anne at Tales Along the Way. Anne is a teacher who has travelled to India and writes about her experiences in that country (amongst other topics). I have learned so much through reading Anne’s blog and looking at her photos. She has a wonderful affinity with the people of India and their customs and shares this through her writing.
- Winners re-post this completely with their acceptance speech. This could be written or video recorded.
- Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awardees! The re-post should include a NEW set of people/blogs worthy of the award; and winners notify them of the great news.
- What makes a good acceptance speech?
- Gratitude – Thank the people who helped you along the way
- Humor – Keep us entertained and smiling
- Inspiration – Make your story touch our lives
- Get an idea from the great acceptance speeches, compiled in MomentMatters.com/Speech
- Display the award’s badge on your blog/website, downloadable in MomentMatters.com/Award
You know I truly am humbled and grateful by the awards I receive from those of you who follow my blog and this award is no exception. I would not have the impetus to write each day if it were not for those of you who read and comment. I have had the honour of sharing laughs, tears and anxious moments with you all. I have cheered with you and I have enjoyed the beauty you capture in your photographs and post also. Wayne Dyer has taught me “I am that I am”. And as I journey through life and overcome obstacles, I write as a way of learning as I go. If I can make others laugh or encourage them in some way then I am happy. I believe my purpose in life is to be a helper but first I must learn to help myself. My blog is the outward signs of me doing this. Thank you all 🙂
And I would like to pass this award on to :
- Vic Briggs
- The Empathy Queen
- Where I Stand
- Must be this Tall to Ride
- Stuff My Brain Thinks
- The Visual Chronicle
- Putting in a Good Word
- A View from Under the Prep-Room Table
- Hunt for Truth on WordPress
Thank you all so much for the awards and congratulations to those I have awarded in this round 🙂
32 thoughts on “Awards, Awards, Awards….. again”
For a second there, I thought I was getting the Best Movement Award for my earlier Pavlov bowel training feat.
Oh, congrats, BTW.
bwahahahaha…. I don’t know what else to say. 😛
Laffin’ my furry rodent arse off………..
You and me both CJ 🙂
I have a bit of a problem keeping the sense of humour in check.
Really? Not something that I had noticed before 😉
Congratulations, Sue! You deserve both of these wonderful awards 😀
Thank you Miss Linda. I passed one of these awards onto your beautiful self also. 🙂
Aww, thanks 😀
Congratulations, Suz. Great post. I also feel the same way — it would be hard to stay motivated if no one was reading. Thank you for your remarks about my photography. I do hope to get back to Australia and take more pictures.
Thanks Nia. I’m so far behind on my post reading that I haven’t caught up with your newest posts. But I do love what you do with your photos. 🙂
Congratulations! Aww, shucks. Thanks ever so much for the sweet thought about passing to us. It hurts a tad bit more each time we have to say no. Ugh! Truth be told, we don’t even know how to display an award badge…we really ARE that awkward. We must be so awful as to decline, again, please forgive us. We love that you thought we merited such recognition, and thank you sincerely.
And I am absolutely fine with that. I can tell you how to display the badges in your side bar if you wish.
You certainly merit all recognition 🙂
I will do my best to carry on in the moment.
Loved the song Eric. Thanks so much for sharing.
Congratulations Sue, you really deserve them.
Thanks Irene 🙂
Well just look at you.
Thank you Mr Moore 🙂
I love your top comments, made for a good old chuckle:)! On a serious note, I love your personality which is displayed effortlessly through your blog and I am very humbled to accept my Sunshine Award. Appreciated xx
I seriously wonder about some of my commenters at times. 😉
I’m so pleased that you will accept. 🙂 It is a well deserved award for you.
Congratulations on the awards, and that was a great acceptance speech.
Thank you so much 🙂 Your kind words are always appreciated and welcomed here.
Congratulations Sue for all your beautiful awards and thanks for thinking about me. It has been so sweet of you. For what concerns acceptance I couldn’t but make CJ’s words my words: I’m really awkward at these thinks, forgive me. However I feel honoured by your attention.Cheers. Tink . 😉
Absolutely fine 🙂
Have a great weekend Tink. 🙂
congrats Sis on your award .I loved Jasons song
It was a pretty cool song wasn’t it? Eric finds these gems all over the place.
Thank you for your congrats. Did you read my post about the shopping list? I’m being driven insane Mum…. please send help!!! 😉
Thanks Charly 🙂 🙂