How many of you thought it was going to be for Quilting??
Okay, it was but I changed my mind again. I’m a woman and it’s my prerogative apparently. And anyway, I’m still working away on the Tween’s quilt. Part of me hates that thing right now. lol
So, how did I come to this topic today? (Well there’s one question for you right there). I guess it is because asking questions is an every day part of life for me.
My mother tells the story of how horrified my great grandmother used to be because I would answer every request from her with ‘why?’ when a I was a toddler. As my mother tells the story, it is because she would always give me a reason for asking me something e.g. “Please clean up your room before I trip over something” or “Please pull up your socks or you will look like nobody owns you”. Actually she used to say that to my brother and I did often wonder if in fact he did belong to somebody else. 😉As I am getting older, I am finding that I am asking more and more questions in life.
I am not accepting things blindly as I used to.
I question so much now.
In actual fact I have to question why I am doing this as I am becoming older?
I used to think that older people were tired and cranky. Now I know that they are tired because of all the cr*p that goes on in life and cranky because there isn’t much that they can do about it.
I wonder if as we grow older, our tolerance levels drop? Like the tolerance levels for moronic imbeciles?
This little blog full of questions stemmed from a question I asked myself this morning – where has the respect for others gone in this world?
Walk back with me to a couple of nights ago when I was discussing with the GG about a garage sale for a deceased estate that was advertised in our local paper. I have a penchant for old things (that’s obviously good news for my parents lol. Now let’s see how long it is before my mother calls me about that little statement. 😛 ). Due to the fact that I love old things and appreciate the beauty of them, I decided that I would walk around to this garage sale a couple of streets over on Saturday morning.
The paper stated that it would begin at 8am.
Fast forward to this morning. I left home at 7.50am and walked around the corner to the house having the sale to find 30 cars parked up and down the road (I counted them). I walked in and found some beautiful things. As I was about to pick something up I was told “No, that’s taken. That’s my pile”. And it was quite a huge pile. Which led me to believe that they had been there for quite some time. Funny thing is that my watch said that it had only just gone 8am.
In my wildest dreams I would never think of turning up on someone’s doorstep prior to the advertised starting time but apparently others don’t think the same. That huge pile didn’t even fit into the back of the car that was then backed up the driveway. (Okay rant over. Apart from the things in that pile I wasn’t allowed to touch, I did find some lovely old English china and some old books and copies of Australian Home Journal that came home with me. Did you know that there is an article in the 1959 issue about “How to make a poof”. You’d never find that kind of article in today’s magazines lol).
But I was disappointed and upset that others could not respect the time.
Maybe, I AM getting old if something like this upsets me.
So what other questions do I have about things these days?
- Why do all politicians think we are stupid? Our state government is spending millions of dollars on an advertising campaign asking for taxpayer input into how they can bring the state’s debt under control. They have given us three options (all of which will screw the taxpayer over) to choose from. I want them to include somewhere for further comment where we might be able to suggest that a) they stop wasting our money on advertising campaigns and b) they themselves might look at stopping their yearly pay rises.
- Why, when we live in a first world country do we have such appalling rates of poverty and homelessness? (I suppose it comes back to question 1 there).
- Why are people so ‘precious’ about things and common words and phrases can now be termed ‘racist’ or ‘derogatory’?
- Why is there such an attitude of entitlement in society today?
- Why is the last drop of honey in a bottle always so hard to get out?
- Why are people so intolerant of others?
- Why are my stats dropping on my blog? Have I offended someone?
- Why do people go through life with the attitude of “it couldn’t happen to me”?
- Why do bad things happen to good people?
- Why did Fat Cat get into trouble for not wearing pants yet Humphrey B. Bear never did? Could it have something to do with the colour of his fur?
- What ‘little weed’ were Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men often speaking to? (Remembering that I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s)?
- How often do you say “I love you” to the people you love?
I guess that’s enough questions for now.
Do you have any questions you’d like to ask? Or if you can answer the question about Fat Cat I’d be grateful. 😀