The other day I read a fantastic idea somewhere in my travels about creating a playlist for the times you need a pick-me-up.
I decided to call mine my “Happy Mix”.
The original suggestion was to create a mix with about 10 songs. However I am not one to conform to suggestions (sometimes) so my final playlist is 2 full CDs.
I chose these songs on the ability to make me do the following things:
- Put a smile on my face
- Make me want to dance
- Encourages me to sing along
- All of the above
As I write this post I have these songs playing and I feel great!!
It’s Saturday morning (my favourite time of the week). I am listening to great music and talking to my friends. What more could I want?
So here is a list of some of the songs I have chosen for my mix:
- Footloose – Kenny Loggins
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy – Bobby McFerrin
- Sugar, Sugar – The Archies
- Counting the Beat – The Swingers
- Bright Side of Life – Monty Python
- I’m Still Standing – Elton John
- Hey Ya – Outkast
- Do Wa Diddy – Manfred Man
- I’m a Believer – Smash Mouth
- 500 Miles – The Proclaimers
- Rock the Casbah – The Clash
- Our House – Madness
- Locomotion – Kylie Minogue
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- I’ll be There for You – The Rembrandts
So that is a part of my list. I’m thinking of creating a CD 3 for my collection though.
If you were creating your own CD, what songs would you include?
Edited to include a video of the one I missed. For you Nav 🙂