I’m having one of those days where the inspiration has just gone….zap! Just like that. Along with the inspiration has gone my motivation to do anything.
At one time I would dream about doing absolutely nothing all day and lately it seems like I am having a run of ‘nothing accomplished’ days. Although I wouldn’t say that I achieved absolutely nothing yesterday. I did manage to spend some quality time with the GG and read some more of my book. lol
I also spent time catching up with one of my ex-colleagues when she called around and we shared some laughs. So I guess it wasn’t a totally ‘wasted’ day at all.
Today is Saturday.
Saturdays are generally days full of promise being the first day of the weekend and all that. It’s kind of drab outside today. It looks like some much needed rain has been falling in some areas. We still haven’t seen it but stranger things have happened.
Sooo…. random stuff
- I just looked up my spam comments and gained some serious laughs. Have many of you taken the time to read some of the spam that Akismet catches? I did find one that I believe was actually a legit comment but the rest are worded in such a way that you think they are real but it is difficult to tell that they aren’t. It makes me wonder just why people write spam. I mean, does anyone really follow these links?
- I’ve been looking up the search terms that have brought people to my blog for the past month or so as well. That is always interesting – and some are downright funny. Some also prove to me that people are struggling with many of the same issues as I am.
- I found a really good website that generates random subjects and first lines for writers to use. It is called Writing Exercises. It also provides plots, dialogues and a host of other things to get writers thinking (and writing).
- The GG has offered to help me turn my chaotic craft room into something that resembles order. He has offered the use of an extra cupboard that he has in the shed thinking it might be somewhere I could store my fabrics. I’m not sure where I would put it in this cramped little room but something definitely needs to be done before my stash takes on a life of its own and overruns the house…. I actually thought of taking a photo of the room and sending it to Better Homes and Gardens to see if Tara might be interested in doing a room makeover but it might be even too much of a challenge even for them. 😉
- Have you ever noticed how home reno shows get you thinking about what you could do to your own place? I caught the GG looking up Chesterfield couches online the other night after a recent episode of House Rules and then yesterday he was on You Tube and looking up stuff as well. Should I be worried?
- For those of you who sew, Craftsy has an awesome free pattern for a patchwork ironing board cover. Sometimes you actually find good stuff on FB.
- I have found some great short online writing courses run here in Australia. I’m thinking of doing the Magazine and Newspaper writing course but have to run it by the GG first (seeing as we jointly manage the finances and I am still studying my other course that cost a bomb). They also have a Travel Writer course that looks pretty cool.
- We have a new addition in our family – a little grand-niece born yesterday. She is just adorable although I haven’t been to visit and cuddle her just yet. I’ve just been admiring all the gorgeous photos on FB.
- I am enjoying doing some baking since I haven’t been working. I’ve made two batches of Amy’s Honey, Apricot and Coconut biscuits. I modified the recipe slightly and didn’t use the flours or baking soda/powder. I substituted these with 180g of gluten free Self Raising Flour (from Aldi). My family love these biscuits. My waistline isn’t really giving me any thanks though. I see that Amy is looking at writing a cook book. She certainly has some wonderful recipes on her blog so I think a cook book would be fantastic for her. I follow some wonderful food blogs and Amy’s is a great one if anyone wants to check her out.
I guess I’ve run out of randomness for today.
I’m off to sewing group soon. I am working on the edging for the Tween’s quilt. The other day I pinned lace pieces and butterflies over the most obvious mistakes on the quilt to be hand sewn on later. Tomorrow I am out door knocking to collect for the Leukaemia Foundation. Not sure what other exciting things this weekend will bring.
I hope you all find beauty in your day, take the time to breathe and tell those around you just how much you love them.