Actually my one year ‘blogiversary’ was two weeks ago but I was away and didn’t have the opportunity to celebrate it.
Today, I have posted my 400th post.
That’s a lot of words.So in honour of this anniversary, I wish to share some facts.
- My most prolific commenter is a man named Laurie who I have actually had the pleasure of meeting IRL (in real life). You can find Laurie’s blog here. Laurie has been a great support to me and has made me smile and laugh out loud on numerous occasions. Thank you.
- Laurie is followed closely by the following wonderful people: Laura Macky, April, Mona, Daily Musings, and Irene. I want to thank each and every one of you for making my blogging journey both fun and worthwhile. I have learned so much about you all (whilst you are learning about me). I treasure our online friendships and hope one day that I will meet you as well. Of course, there are those of you who contact me by email (you know who you are) and for that I am also grateful.
- In the past year, I have met two fellow bloggers – Laurie (as I mentioned above) and Leanne Cole. Both were exactly as they are on their blogs – very lovely people. I hope one day to catch up with Leanne again and actually spend some more time with her. I will come – camera in hand. Or you can come here. Either way, it should be fun. 🙂
- My blog has amassed a whopping 33, 357 views in the past year with 9,482 comments (most of them from me apparently lol)
- The bulk of those views are from people in the U.S. followed by Australia, England (and the U.K) and Canada.
- My blog has been read by people in 140 different countries although I wonder how many of them were spammers 😉
- My home page/archives has received almost 10,000 hits
- My most popular post with 1319 hits is Smiling is Contagious
- The other most popular posts of mine all deal with depression and suicide
- The most popular search engine term that draws people to my blog is Nick Vujicic (I’ve done two posts on this inspirational man)
- I have had the honour of guest posting on three blogs during the past year – Harsh Reality (OM), Don Charisma and Dave’s blog. Sadly, it appears that Dave is no longer posting these days. All provided a wonderful experience.
- I thoroughly enjoyed hosting the Fellow Blogger series earlier in the year where I had the opportunity of getting to know many new bloggers (and learning more about some of the more established ones). It was a lot of fun.
- I have received many, many awards. Unfortunately I am about 6 months behind on my acceptance of them all and may never catch up but I am grateful for each and every acknowledgement from my peers.
That’s about all the facts I can think of right now.
It’s been a fun ride and I have enjoyed every minute of it.
Thank you to those of you who have been with me from the beginning – you know who you are. 🙂
I have attempted to share beauty and joy with you all as I travel this path of recovery from depression so in closing I wish to share two photos with you. I took these in Coffs Harbour NSW when we visited the harbour.
This is an example of beauty (and art) being found all around you if you look.
Both of the photos are SOOC (straight out of the camera).