I know, I know.
I can’t believe how one missed day turns into two… and then two turns into a whole week!
I do read my comments from my iPad but I’m certainly not about to try and answer them from there. Not only do I have fat fingers that type all sorts of funny things that auto correct has a field day with, it’s just so unwieldy doing it from there. So you have my humblest apologies.
So my week has been a big one and there is always lots to tell.
As my dot point headings were so much fun to do last time, I think I will stay with the same format each week.
What I’ve Been Doing:
- Not a lot of study (oops). After my weekend workshop the brain was a little fried.
- Working with pro-bono clients (and loving it)
- My weekend workshop on the Gold Coast. I shared the two days with other like minded individuals where we were able to practice hands-on some of what we had learned, moan about study, talk about our lives and learn a hell of a lot about ourselves in the process.
- Applying for jobs
- Reading (I’m currently reading “Power Unlimited” by Tony Robbins)
- I went to the Stitches and Craft Show last Friday with the Teen and a client from my previous place of employment. We had a blast and I was very good and didn’t spend too much but came away with more soft toy patterns, some fat quarters, a cool colouring book and some Inktense pencils.
- Playing games on my iPad and watching tv
What Has Made Me Angry:
- Learner drivers who break the road rules
- Bullies (this came up from a conversation I had with someone I love about their past)
- Social media armchair experts
- Insufficient support for those suffering mental illnesses
- Journalists that ask stupid questions and create issues for people (I wanted to be a journalist once. I’m not sure that I could be a journalist today).
What Has Made Me Sad:
- I found out a few days ago, that General Eva Burrows passed away last week. She was known and loved by many as GenEva. I had the privilege of meeting this wonderful lady who was once the head of the Salvation Army world wide at the Son’s wedding. This woman who had spent time with people such as Mother Theresa, Margaret Thatcher, Pope John Paul and others stood beside me and held my hand as we celebrated my son’s marriage. She took the time to make everyone she met feel special. Here is a link from the New York Times about her death.
What I am Grateful For:
- The Garden Gnome has secured some more short term work (the full-time job he got didn’t work out as planned)
- I have a new job (induction this coming week). I said that if a job was meant for me then it would all work out and come together. I got a call this afternoon telling me that I was successful in my interview and one of the jobs I applied for was mine. It’s two minutes drive from home (okay maybe 5 in traffic). I could walk there but it would be uphill all the way home. lol
- My man. I have the most amazing man in the world and we share a great bond.
- My family. I love all my kids and my extended family very much.
- Family support. (Funny story: Yesterday morning as the Teen was half asleep, I mentioned to the GG that I was nervous about my interview for this job and wondered if I had bitten off more than I could chew in applying for it. The Teen patted me on the arm and said “Just chew harder Mum”.)
- No damage in the storm we had the other night. (Although there were a couple of close strikes that required a change of underwear afterwards).
- Seeing my man smile again
- Helping others
- My diary. Just lately, it’s been so wonderful to have. (My memory ain’t what it used to be).
- Ceiling fans. This week has been hot, sticky and horrid. It’s Autumn for crying out loud!! Where are the cool evenings and cooler days?
What Has Made me Laugh?
- My Teen (she has the best one-liners sometimes)
- Some really cool stuff on Facebook
- Seeing photos and recalling anecdotes from our weekend away
- My cat
- My granddaughter (she also has some cool one-liners)
So that is my week.
I am in the process of working through my inbox. Unfortunately I have over 1000 emails and I’m not likely to get to them so a mass delete will more than likely occur. I’m commenting on blogs here and there where I can but with all my assignments and stuff, blog reading has taken a back seat. Now that I am starting work again, and I still have assignments and a research project to do the reading is going to be when I can get to it. I’m so sorry guys. I value our interactions but I can’t keep up. I am doing what I can. I hope you understand if I don’t get to every post.
In closing, I’m going to share a couple of great finds of mine from Facebook this week.
Have a blessed day 🙂