I guess it’s a little odd to title my post and find an image that mirrors my blog name however I’m living this right now. I’ve had to teach myself once again that each day is a new day and that I am not a failure if I don’t reach the ideals that I set for myself.
It has been 4 months since my last post (as WP so kindly reminds me) and for that I apologise. I’m not going to make a promise that all is okay and my posting schedule will return to normal however because there is no point in making a promise that I might not be able to keep. I can promise that I will try.
I’m sure Yoda would disagree with that statement though. Wasn’t he the one who said “Do or do not. There is no try”? Still Yoda, never met me. 😉
So where have I been and what have I been doing with my life? These are the questions that I’m sure everyone has been asking. Ha ha. I’m sure you haven’t but since this is my blog, I will succumb to a little self indulgence and answer the question anyway. So here is my last few months in dot points:
- I am still working. I can’t say that work is the joy of my life but it is an income. I am working hard to put the joy back into it.
- I am still studying but drawing closer to the finish line.
- Right now I am working on putting my coaching website together. My domain name has been registered and I have business cards ordered and on the way.
- Although I haven’t descended into the deepest pits of depression in recent months I have been battling the dog and anxiety. Nothing says “You need to start doing something about this” like having your heart beat out of your chest and struggling to breathe as you put carrots into a bag in the grocery aisle at the supermarket. After listening to the pleas of the Garden Gnome and the Teen, I have gone back on medication.
- I just want to go on record as saying that medication side effects suck! Medication side effects combined with an end-of-summer cold/flu really make life interesting.
- I am eating well and losing weight. I won’t say that I am good all the time because that takes the fun out of life however I will go on record as saying that eating Paleo has been a godsend to me. I have so far lost about 13 kilograms (approximately 28.5 pounds). I’ve dropped a dress/pants size and I feel great.
- Due to my changing shape, I have needed to shop for clothes. Can I just say that you can get the best stuff from op-shops?
- I have been reading, reading, reading of late. On a whim, I decided to succumb and purchase George R.R. Martin’s “Game of Thrones” to see what all the fuss and hype was about. I have just finished the last book and I’m missing the life of Westeros and Meereen. One day, I might just decide to purchase the tv series and watch it.
- The Teen and I have discovered SupaNova (like Comicon) and we had a blast at the last one in Brisbane. The Teen was over the moon about meeting Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter) at the event. There is another coming up in a few weeks and we are planning on going once again. The Teen has discovered that Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley also from HP) will be there so she is pretty excited about that. I’m hoping that since Jack Gleeson (Game of Thrones) and Manu Bennett (Chronicles of Shannara) are going to be there also, I might find some fantastic stuff to purchase. I don’t intend to pay $$$ to meet them and will only fork out the $$ for the Teen to meet Ginny.
- I met one of my favourite authors at the last SupaNova. Isobelle Carmody was charming to talk to and was able to answer my question as to when she is going to finish the Legendsong series. I love that they have authors at these events! 🙂
- I am joining a local writer’s group. (Or I hope to if I can get the time off work to attend the meetings). I’m looking forward to this very much.
- I haven’t been doing a lot of photography lately. Let’s just say that when you’re really, really down you don’t want to do much of anything.
- I also haven’t been doing much of the housework. I’m so thankful that I have an amazing Garden Gnome who is as wonderful around the house as he is in the garden. I love him to bits. ❤
- The Teen is doing amazingly well at school this year. She has always done well (and won an academic award last year) however this year she has decided to aim for a higher award – and she’s on track to do it. She is also dancing her little heart out and is on the school dance team and taking tap lessons each week after hours. There is nothing quite like a night owl teenager practicing her tap routines after 10pm at night to remind you of your age!
There is probably much more that I’ve forgotten. I’ve been in a bit of a fog in the past weeks and so much has gone by me without noticing. I’ve missed updating everyone one what is happening in my life though and I want to get back to the more positive posts that I began this blog with. I’m working on it.
I just have to remember that life goes on…..